General idea here is to deploy a docker resgistry inside kubernetes and to use it just for putting the images that we build in the cluster, and to serve them to the same cluster.
We are not going to secure the registry, the presumtions will be that your k8s cluster nodes run in a private network. If you want to secure pulling images in a secure way, you have to consider few more steps.
It has been a long time since the last post. It is time to show my new open source project - gcqlsh. The idea came when I was preparing some Cassandra docker images and I wanted to stay minimalistic with our CI infrastructure. So I have based my Cassandra docker image on Alpine. Unfortunatly came the frustration with installing python and all the dependencies. On the other hand, I needed an utility for automating the schema creation withing the docker container on first start.
Many applications use Core data for iOS devices, others utilize frameworks like fmdb. But there are also people that write SQLite access from scratch. The comes the answer - how do you cache prepared statements (I will not discuss here why we cache prepared statements)?
Well - I have implemented 2 methods:
1) Using C syntax to maintain array of sqlite_stmt* 2) Using NSPointerArray* to store sqlite_stmt* that are prepared First approach has it’s advantages in regards of using older SDKs (NSPointerArray is available from iOS 6.
Suppose you have a SVN repository and you would like to move to GIT - there might be many arguments around this. Well - here are some steps that I have tried to synthesise after many attempts and reading in internet. I am sure there are many approaches, but this one works for me straight forward.
The whole procedure consists of several steps:
Extracting users from SVN and creating a mapping file SVN_USER <-> GIT_USER Cloning SVN repository into GIT repository Migrating branches Migrating tags Creating new GIT detached repository and pushing all changes to it Here are some assumptions:
Somethimes is can happen, that when you try to access your blog at
you end with a page showing 404 Error and in the url we see that we have been forwarded to
If you trace the logs of the server, what you will find is something similar to:
client denied by server configuration: wp-login.php
If this is the case - so most probably the problem comes from .
If you are developing for Android, you probably have already abandoned the emulator that comes with Android SDK, and are testing and debugging on a real device. I cannot blame you - the emulator is awfully slow. Well I have good news for you - you can speed it up, if you are using uX system (Unix like - Linux, Mac OS X, BSD).
The trick is very simple - and I suppose some of you have already activated it - mount /tmp folder into memory.
Once you have experience (or not) with some uX system, at some point you have to deal with environment variables, especially if you intend to do some development. I used to come from Open Source uX systems, and some old ones like HPUX, AIX, Solaris. When I switched to OS X, which is to some extent BSD - I had to find the best way to deal with env. variables. So - here are the ones that I use
This article continues the series for creating a web service consuming program on your mobile device. In the previous article I have showed you how to create Server part (web service) on Geronimo and how to access it from Android app. Now we shall do the same with iOS application.
So what do you need.
Mac with OSX XCode IDE with iOS SDK Code and applications (server, IDE, code) from previous article in order to run the server So lets start.
This articles will reveal the first steps in setting up your development environment for building WebService/Enterprise Java applications and consuming their services from Android device. What I am using in this example:
Geronimo with Jetty7 javaee5 - 2.2.1 - as application/web server Eclipse Indigo EE (with WTP plugin) Android SDK 4.0.3 Google Gson 2.1 Resteasy - jaxrs - 2.3.1.GA Please don’t be bored from so many screenshots. If you know the basics you just can skip them.
Here comes a short and simple example for ABAP Programming. Suppose you want to make some more flexible function module for searching data in database table, that depending on parameters that are passed (can be optional), forms the WHERE clause of select statement. In ABAP this is pretty straight forward:
FUNCTION zsfli_sflight_getlist. *"---------------------------------------------------------------------- *"*"Local Interface: *" IMPORTING *" VALUE(P_CARRID) TYPE ZSFLIGHT-CARRID OPTIONAL *" VALUE(P_CONNID) TYPE ZSFLIGHT-CONNID OPTIONAL *" VALUE(P_FLDATE) TYPE ZSFLIGHT-FLDATE OPTIONAL *"
A long time I have not been using Ruby On Rails. I have decided to give it a try again, so started by installing on Ubuntu 11.10 in VirtualBox. From what I remember - I have never happened before having issue with RoR working out of the box. Unfortunately this was not the case this time. Everything started with something really new to me:
Invalid gemspec in [/var/lib/gems/1.8/specifications/json-1.6.1.gemspec]: invalid date format in specification: "2011-09-18 00:00:00.
I used to fight for a while with strange issue. I am using Singleton in my iOS application to hold Session information. Unfortunately when using NSMutableArrayList to hold stack of current objects - the references become empty at some point and there is a warning like:
warning: Attempting to create USE_BLOCK_IN_FRAME variable with block that isn't in the frame.
While searching on the net - I have mentioned one comment about using singletons - well - this was my lead.